How Do I Take Care of My Furniture?
At Sophisticated Sofas we understand that furniture is not something you want to have to replace on a regular basis, keeping good care of your furniture can help with that, but depends on what material it is, there are certain things you need to be aware of:
- Dust with a clean, damp, lint free cloth.
- Frequent dusting will remove abrasive build up, which can damage the finish over time.
- Do not use a very wet cloth or allow liquid to contact with the veneers for a long period of time as this can permanently damage the surface. Wipe up spills immediately.
- Do not use any abrasive cleaner or harsh detergent as this can damage the surface of the furniture.
- Spray polishes are best avoided as they contain silicones which may spoil the furniture's surface when building up over time.
- Make sure all surfaces are protected from heat and liquids by mats and coasters.
- Ensure that a mat or pad is placed under paper when you are writing on the furniture surface.
- Do not place rubber or plastic materials on the wood finish as chemicals which may react with the finish if left in contact for an extended period of time.
- Our furniture will endure most temperatures in the home but it is best to avoid placing furniture next to heat sources such as radiators or fires. Be particularly careful with solid wood as the lack of humidity caused by home heating can cause damage such as warping, cracking or splitting.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight can cause fading of your furniture.
- Use a soft dry duster
- For stubborn stains, use a soft damp cloth and then revert to a soft dry duster.
- Polishing materials and solvents should not be used, as they dissolve the protecting lacquer and allow oxidation of the genuine base material.
- Using fittings in the incorrect place when assembling the bedstead can cause fittings to become cross threaded. This can then lead to fittings becoming trapped; making disassembly of the product difficult and voiding the warranty.
- Please take care to ensure all fittings are used only where stipulated.
- Protect fabric from direct sunlight to prevent colour fading
- Ordinary cleaning: Dust with a clean, damp, lint free cloth
- Do not use excessive force as this will cause the fabric to tear
- Protect leather from direct sunlight and sources of heat to prevent colour fading
- For general cleaning only use a dry soft cloth
- If necessary, wipe or lightly rub the whole surface with a clean, soft cloth wrung in soapy water
- If vacuum cleaning, use a soft brush nozzle to avoid scratching the surface
If you do have any concern about maintaining your furniture, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try our best to help!